Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I would not trade shoes with....

I propose that we start a daily feature covering who is about to get slaughtered in the news somehow.  Today I have a previously-obscure nomination:  Nikola Swann.  (Well, obscure in my world anyway.)

Nikola Swann, S&P's credit analyst, said: "We view President Obama's and congressman Ryan's proposals as the starting point of a process aimed at broader engagement, which could result in substantial and lasting US government fiscal consolidation. That said, we see the path to agreement as challenging because the gap between the parties remains wide. We believe there is a significant risk that congressional negotiations could result in no agreement on a medium-term fiscal strategy until after the 2012 congressional and presidential elections."
The Guardian -- 4/18/11

Can you imagine the phone calls he's about to get, probably from both sides of the aisle?  And the malignant stories that will be leaked soon?  I think I'd batten the hatches for a while if I were him.

1 comment:

  1. The slaughter has already begun...

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/post/by-what-standard-is-the-us-poor/2011/04/19/AFJVG27D_blog.html?hpid=z3

    http://www.salon.com/news/debt_ceiling/index.html?story=/news/feature/2011/04/19/s_p_downgrade_meaning

    Perhaps not personally yet, but give it a day or two..

    (PS--Great idea for on going feature!)

    ReplyDelete