I have always prided myself on the varied musical acts that I appreciate. I like almost everything--from alternative to country to jazz to boy bands. Few things make me turn the radio dial. So, when my neighbors invited me to the Mayhem Festival, I was psyched! Godsmack! Megadeath! This is going to be awesome.
However, my practical side is asking, "what does one wear to a death metal festival?" I have a feeling I'll be a little out of place in a sundress. But my little goth-metalhead-17-year-old self grew up and now I wear sundresses to concerts in July. Do you think GodSmack would understand?
I had a similar conundrum when attending the Metallica concert a couple years ago. It was a weeknight, so I had to go right afterwork. I was conspicuous as I was a 1) girl and 2) dressed in business casual. I had not seen that many men with ratty long hair and flannel shirts since 1994.
So, K, as our resident fashion expert, what DOES one wear to a death metal festival?
Well, Idg, here's what I'd recommend -- as sort of a reasonable middle-ground between your sundress-wearing-self and your inner high-schooler:
ReplyDelete1. A vintage metalhead tee. Undoubtedly you can find one on Ebay, though I think there's a possibility you already own one!
2. A pair of skinny jean cut-off shorts, cut off just above the knee. So kind of like a Bermuda short styling, but in denim, and a little tighter. If you can find them in gray denim, even better.
3. Converse Chucks. These will serve you well to dress-down some of your sundresses for a grittier take on weekend wear.
4. A cool hat. Maybe a straw trilby?
Well, I already know what mini-Idgie is going to wear! He has a Metallica onesie courtesy of my awesome boss. He'll probably be at Gramma's (death metal is LOUD), but he'll be dressed appropriately in spirit.
ReplyDeleteThe length of skirts and dresses remained for almost 10 years on mid-calf, to which we allude today as "Midi". Toward the finish of the 30ies the fix finished 6 creeps beneath the knee where it remained until the forties. Marginally cushioned shoulders gave a clue what might be in vogue in the 40's. Linen Dress Byron Bay
ReplyDeleteAssuming you need your store's quality on the design road to remain, you should watch out for the changing patterns on consistently work to keep your racks loaded with all the most recent in everything to do with style.
ReplyDeleteSlow fashion Australia
Totally, all Ed Hardy denim can not actually make you look adequately stylish. What's more, the Tiffany gems, coats, vests, dresses and Louboutin high heel shoes can regularly be found with negligible mileage and partook in the entire season. To wrap things up, a couple of Ray Ban shades is an unquestionable requirement need for you to be genuine trendy. Plus size Slow fashion Australia
ReplyDeleteTo put forth the telephone defense adaptable, you should keep a suitable measure of hole between the two cuts. Ensure the hole isn't a lot of else it will not have the option to try and hold your telephone appropriately. iPhone Case
ReplyDeleteToday, youthful style creators are numerous in numbers and have a great deal of chances in the realm of design. New creative plans, illustrations and outfits come up each season. Shirts, pants, pants, shirts, customary wears, ethnic wears and so on from around the world are tried different things with to shape one of a kind clothing types obscure to the design world previously. Plus size Byron Bay
ReplyDeleteIt is to be sure a smart thought to put resources into ladies' larger size high style clothing since it can really fit you appropriately and emphasize your magnificence. Particularly when paying special mind to a unique occasion, ladies' hefty size high style clothing has simplified it and exemplary with its interminable number of exceptionally flexible plans and examples.
ReplyDeleteAustralian Made Fashion
Many years prior, design had it standard guidelines, for example, how ladies and men ought to wear. Today, design isn't completely directed by orientation. There have arisen another class of design called gender neutral in which dress lines can be worn by the two genders.Fashion
ReplyDelete