Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Margarita Magic

In a follow up to Cocktail Fail, Friday's cocktail hour was a day-late Cinco de Mayo with my neighbors. My contribution was a pitcher of margaritas. It has been a while since I made margaritas, and typically the ones at the local mexican restaurant are too sweet for my taste. I'd prefer not to have a hang over before I'm finished drinking. So, I did a quick inventory and found a bottle of Grand Marnier that we had been saving for visits with my dad.


I found a margarita recipe on the Grand Marnier website:
1.5 oz tequilla
1 oz Grand Marnier
.75 oz lime juice

Perfect. I figured these porportions would hold up for a pitcher, so I grabbed a dozen limes and a bottle of tequilla and went to work.

1.5 cup tequilla
1 cup Grand Marnier
.75 cup lime juice

The pitcher looked a little empty, so I doubled the recipe and added a little sugar. Delicious! These will be the go-to for cocktail hour at Idgie's house for the foreseeable future. At least until it is warm enough for mojitos...

No comments:

Post a Comment