Thursday, May 5, 2011

17 again...


Maybe it is the weather, maybe it is a couple rough days at work, maybe it was blasting the 90's at noon on the radio (thanks DC101!) this afternoon traveling between meetings, but I had an overwhelming urge to find a go-kart track and tear up some asphalt. Now, this urge makes more sense when I tell you that I managed a go-kart track in high school. But there seemed to be more to this urge than just the desire to feel the wind in my hair and the possibility of making some kid cry because I left him so far behind in the dust. When I was 17, I loved my job. I got to play laser tag after my shift and climb the rock wall on my breaks. Who wouldn't love that job! I also had no responsiblities. No mortgage, no car payment, any money I made went straight to CDs and other things my mother probably wouldn't approve of. If only go-kart track management could pay the bills...

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to sneak out during my lunch break and talk some trash by the mini-golf place before I own some bumper boats.

What would you do if your job didn't have to pay the bills?

No comments:

Post a Comment