Friday, May 6, 2011

Freakily accurate personality test

On the advice of Anna Chlumsky (yes, that Anna Chlumsky), I took this
quick personality test. It involves clicking a few colored squares twice over 2 minutes. Sounds easy enough. But the results were freakily accurate, nailing my desire for independence in decision making at work and emotional restraint in my relationships.

What does the Color Quiz say about you today??

4 comments:

  1. That IS spooky!! "Always trying to make a good impression on others, and is constantly watching to see if she is succeeding in this. Is interested in how others react to him; this makes her feel in control. Strategically plans out ways to gain further influence over others and special recognition. Is easily distracted by the pleasingly beautiful and original."

    That is ME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I took this too. So since the output is more than 2 sentences, I figure this is like a horoscope: everyone can find something that applies.

    For example, this does sound like me: "Believes life has more to offer her than what she was experienced thus far, and doesn't want to miss out on anything. she purses all her goals and dreams, fearful that any missed opportunity will cause her to miss out on even more. Quickly becomes an expert in any field she pursues and can sometimes come off as overbearing and nosy."

    But this stuff, not so much: "Longs for a loving, caring, and supportive relationship, and fanaticizes of living in perfect harmony with others. Has a strong desire for tenderness and affection and enjoys things which are artistically pleasing to the eye."

    I'm not really all about harmony, love, or art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why don't you try taking it multiple times, and see if it comes up with the same response?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "she wants to be independent and free, but fears the future will be just as disappointing. her situation leaves her sensitive and impatience, seeking a quick escape. her restlessness may destroy the ability to concentrate"

    Nailed it.

    Mags, as to your point, I agree. There is a lot in my results that is so vague that you could easily agree with some of it. But the main gist of mine was so spot on, it took me aback. I have been too lazy to look into the source and the science (or "science") behind it to see if I should be taking the color quiz more seriously than my daily horoscope.

    That said, I saved my results with a date on it and plan to revisit when I feel like I'm in a different place emotionally and see if it reflects that shift.

    ReplyDelete