Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Unlikely Celebrity Crushes

Like many women, if Clive Owen were to walk into my office right now, I would melt into a puddle of incoherence. And possibly get charged with assault. After a limited sampling of girlfriends, I am not alone in this feeling. Mr. Owen ranks high on many a lady's list with good reason. But we all have celebrity crushes that do not fall into the brooding/British/built category. (sidebar: Almost all of my celebrity crushes are British right now. It is a little confusing to me). Here are a few of my unlikely celebrity crushes:


Dennis Farina: As a 30-ish woman, Mr. Farina is a bit out of my typical age range preference. I don't know if it is the hair or NY accent or just his confidence, but damn is he foxy. On maternity leave, when I was watching more Law and Order than I would like to admit to while mini-Idgie napped, I would often send Mags texts that were some variation of "Dennis Farina is a sexy bitch."



Jason Bateman: Jason Bateman looks like the guy next door. There is nothing particularly striking about him. He often plays normal guys stuck in increasingly strange situations. But after two glasses of wine, I become increasingly vocal about how attractive I find Jason Bateman and will seek out "Arrested Development" or one of his mediocre movies like "Extract" on Netflix.



Peter Orszag: Peter Orszag is the former director of OMB under Obama. While director of OMB, Orszag would write a blog on the pressing economic issues of the day refreshingly free of jargon and they were even funny. But I'm not the only one with a dork crush: Orszag has a string of lovely ladies that he has been involved with. And god help me, between him and Tim Geithner, I became quite the economist. Raise the debt ceiling? Yes, sir!

Who is on your unlikely celebrity crush list?

(all pictures from wikipedia)

3 comments:

  1. Dr. Drew (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Pinsky)

    Yes, I feel like this is embarrassing, but it goes all the way back to LoveLine. I love the gray hair, glasses, and seeming smart sensitivity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are weird. My celebrity crushes, in no particular order, are: Bradley Cooper, Colin Firth, and semi-fat Vince Vaughn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But besides the semi-fat Vaugh (who I agree with you, is better than his skinny version), none of those are "unlikely". I know you have a secret crush on Zach Galifianakis! Or maybe that's just me again...

    ReplyDelete